Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boots up very slow after trying to remove PUP.Bundle.Installer.OI, PUP

• Please log in to reply

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
here are the last logs from tweakng.com. Is everything looking ok to you?Attached File  _Windows_Repair_Log.txt   82.43KB   102 downloadsAttached File  windows_repair_windows_log.txt   2.12KB   107 downloads,Attached File  windows_repair_program files_log.txt   181.79KB   86 downloads,
Attached File  reset.log   5.09KB   134 downloads

And the log from the reimage scan and fix..

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
I'm not sure exactly what you paid for. I didn't mean for you buy anything.

If you got a bunch of updates then I guess updates are now working. You can run OTL again, quickscan and post the log.

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Attached File  OTL.Txt   131.88KB   94 downloads Here you go. I have no idea if everything is ok or not. It is working better. But I still can't seem to get it validated... :(

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Copy the text in the code box by highlighting and Ctrl + c

:OTL
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@MyFunCards_5m.com/Plugin: C:\Program Files\MyFunCards_5m\bar\1.bin\NP5mStub.dll File not found
O4 - Startup: C:\Documents and Settings\SuperUser\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MyPC Backup.lnk =  File not found

:Commands
[EMPTYFLASH]
[EMPTYJAVA]
[purity]
[Reboot]

then Double on OTL to start. Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste (ctrl +v) the text. Verify that you got it all and Then click the RUN FIX button (NOT THE QUICK SCAN button!) at the top
Let the program run unhindered, OTL will reboot the PC when it is done. Save the log and copy and paste it into a reply.

There is a Fixit on

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916247

which might help with validation.

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Attached File  08222013_051619.log   1.53KB   109 downloads here you go.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
The OTL took out the last remnants of the adware. Any luck with validation?

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I still couldn't seem to get it validated. But for some reason it took me to a the windows site saying that since I had a genuine copy of windows that I could download the anti-virus software that they had. I then tried to update the windows media player since that is what started this to begin with and it ended up doing it this time. It still gives me the same error code when I try and validate it though. I also came home from work and my son had come over to try and download music for his ipod. I banned everyone from my computer because he tried downloading limewire and a few other music sites. Which then put 6 more PUP's on here. I did delete them but I don't know if he messed anything up. So I went back to the beginning and ran these same programs. Please tell me he didn't take me all the way back to the beginning again.. :( No one else will ever be on here again.. Im so sorry. I hope I don't have to start over..Attached File  AdwCleanerR1.txt   1.1KB   114 downloads Attached File  dds.txt   36.55KB   109 downloads Attached File  attach.txt   15.8KB   100 downloads Attached File  mbam-log-2013-08-23 (11-47-21).txt   3.53KB   112 downloads

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Looks like you got it all. May be time to change the password for the account with admin rights and not tell him what it is.

Are you getting a warning about validation in the bottom right?

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I am not getting any validation requests at all. It all seems to be working ok. Except for my cd/dvd burner. I tried to burn some pictures to cd to get them off of my computer but for some reason even though my drive says DVD/RW it wont let me burn anything. When I downloaded driver boost to see what was up, since that what was they suggested when I asked the question, I got that it is a HP DVD writer 640c and was installed in 2001. It is not one that requires any drivers updates. But when I clicked on the item in driver boost it stated there was an error 1327 invalid drive. when I tried to fallow instructions on how to fix it it only said to do the following. But I don't know how to do that without messing anything up? The following is what the error instructions gave me. I followed them all the way till I right clicked on the cd/dvd rom drive, and it said it was in (D): and you couldn't change it to anything else except for (E) to (Z) so I left it alone. Any help would be appreciated.. It doesn't give me a choice to write to cd at all in the file menu under my computer..

This error has several causes. One cause is that the installation was created with a hard-coded path to a drive letter that does not exist on the machine. If this is the case then there is no way to make the installation install to a different drive letter. The software vendor must be contacted. Other causes include:

i. The CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive letter has changed since a previous install.

ii. You have changed the drive letter of the hard disk that the operating system is installed on, for example, drive C.

iii. This behavior may occur if a registry key contains an incorrect value in a Data field.

Fix

Because this error has different causes, you may have to check multiple items on your computer i. If drive letters have been changed on your computer, re-assign the original letter to the CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or operating system drive. Follow the steps appropriate to your operating system:

ii. Windows XP Users

A. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

B. In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

C. In the Computer Management tree, click Disk Management.

D. Right-click the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, or the drive that contains the operating system, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

E. Click Change, and change it to the original drive letter. Click Ok, and then click Close.

iii. Windows 2000 Users

F. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

G. In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

H. In the Computer Management tree, click Disk Management.

I. Right-click the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, or the drive that contains the operating system, and then click Change Drive Letter and Path.

J. Click Edit, and change it to the original drive letter. Click Ok, and then click Close.

iv. Windows NT Users

K. Click Start, and then click Run.

L. In the Run dialog box, type windisk.exe in the Open field, and then click Ok. This opens Disk Administrator.

M. Find the letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, or the drive that contains the operating system that needs to be changed back to its original letter.

N. Right-click the drive letter and select Assign Drive Letter.

O. In the Assign Drive Letter dialog box, select the original drive letter from the drop-down list.

P. Close Disk Administrator, accept the changes, and restart the computer.

Verify that registry entries do not contain invalid drive letters that might be causing this error:

Important: The following steps require you to modify the Windows registry. Modifications to the Windows registry, if not done correctly, can cause serious problems to a Windows system. Before editing the registry, see How Do I Back up Registry Keys on My Computer?

a. Click Start, and then click Run. The Run dialog box opens.

b. In the Open field, type regedit, and then click Ok. The Registry Editor opens.

c. In the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

d. In the right pane, note the values in the Data column of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry and select Modify.

e. Type the correct drive letter in the Value data field, and then click Ok. For example, if one of the values is "X:\Documents and Settings\Administrator", the drive letter should be changed to a valid drive on the system, such as “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator".

f. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.

g. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each of the following registry keys:

i. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

iii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

iv. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

h. Close the Registry Editor and run the installation again.

Is this something that can be fixed easy, or is the error even right? I had a burner before all these problems came up..

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Copy the next 2 lines:

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" /s > %userprofile%\desktop\junk.txt
notepad %userprofile%\desktop\junk.txt

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt

Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied lines should appear. Hit Enter. Notepad should open. Copy and paste the text into a reply.

Advertisements

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I did that, I copied both lines and pasted them into the command prompt, after the first line it says ERROR: To many command-line parameters. Then it shows another command line with the 2nd line after it so I hit enter and a notepad opens with a box that says that it can not be found and do I want to create a new one. I went to click on No and hit Yes instead and a blank Junk.txt notepad file opens.

Edited by meandmy3tees, 29 August 2013 - 04:44 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Don't see why it doesn't work if you copied it instead of trying to retype it. Works fine on my PC.

We are trying to determine if you have any Upper or Lower filters on your CD/DVD. It's Class: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

You can do it the hard way:

http://pcsupport.abo...filters-sbs.htm

If you find any Upper or Lower Filters they should be deleted.

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I checked the registry keys you referred to and they held no upper filters or lower filters. i did however restart IMAPI burning COM service in services just to find out that once I downloaded that the CD Burner XP I was then able to burn both songs and transfer my pictures onto CD. But i am still having TO MANUALLY RESTART THE IMAPI. Every time I restart my computer. I did do the 15 steps for upper and lower filters but found none.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Try setting the IMAPI service to Automatic. (The default is manual but obviously that is not working for you) (right click on the service and select Properties then make sure the Startup Type: is set to Automatic or Automatic Delayed Start. If not make it so, Apply and OK. Reboot. Does it start?

meandmy3tees

meandmy3tees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
No even on automatic it shuts off after the computer does.. :/