Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quote of the day!

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
hairyeyes,

The Ninth Doctor is an incarnate of The Doctor in the Sci Fi TV program called Doctor Who.

You can read more about that here.

Advertisements

ex_agent

ex_agent

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

ex_agent what or who is the 9th doctor is it some cult that represents the devil? as in forged in fire?
All so the saying doesn't make sense if great men are forged in fire and lesser men light it then the great man is not so great as the lesser man in theory helped create him lol making the lesser man greater for 2 reasons 1 he didn't need to brag about greatness and 2 he has the matches

The Doctor is the main character of a show called "Doctor Who" about a man who calls himself "The Doctor" that travels through time and space in a time machine called the T.A.R.D.I.S. (short for "time and relative dimension in space"), The Doctor is an alien from another planet with technology far surpassing that of earth. One of the qualities of The Doctor is that instead of dying he 'regenerates', basically he maintains the same memories, but everything else about him changes, appearance, favorite food, mannerisms, etc. The show just celebrated it's 50th anniversary. During this episode the 9th incarnation of The Doctor said "Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. whatever the cost" I don't want to spoil too much, but basically he was about to do something bad but for the greater good (the whole kill one to save a million scenario) but before he did, he met his future selves and was so impressed by all of the good things that they(he) had done in their lives, and all those that had been saved. So by "great men are forged in fire" he meant his future selves being what they are because of the bad deed he was about to do, and by "it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame" he was referring to himself as a lesser man in comparison to them, and "whatever the cost" referring to the deed that he was about to do.

hairyeyes

hairyeyes

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I live nearly on Tom bakers door step lol so I can't believe I don't know of nor ever herd of Dr who It look's interesting so will have a peek if I get 5 min's spare.
Thanks Donna and ex_agent

ex_agent

ex_agent

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

I live nearly on Tom bakers door step lol so I can't believe I don't know of nor ever herd of Dr who It look's interesting so will have a peek if I get 5 min's spare.
Thanks Donna and ex_agent

Anytime, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a great experience that just keeps getting better the further you go.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
I have never seen Doctor Who myself, though it appears that I have been missing out on a very good show that would truly peak my interests!

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I have never seen Doctor Who myself, though it appears that I have been missing out on a very good show that would truly peak my interests!

same here it seems like a cool series
I'm not a big fan of sci-fi even that I'm trying to be one
anyway I'm planning on watching it once i find a way to obtain it :)

as for the quotes here is one :

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

Confucius

Source brainyquote site

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
I just watched my cat chase it's tail for 5 minutes and thought:

cats are easily entertained....

Then I realized, I just watched my cat chase it's tail for 5 minutes....

:upset: :rolleyes:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” ~ Albert Einstein

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I found cat quotes.

“Time spent with a cat is never wasted.”

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens

:)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~~ Mahatma Gandhi

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Work for a cause, not the applause.

Live life to express, not to impress.

Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown ~

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Work for a cause, not the applause.

Live life to express, not to impress.

Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown ~

it's really great quote thanks for sharing
it's going to be my everyday moto

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
Nelson Mandela

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
Nelson Mandela

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.
Nelson Mandela

Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace.
Nelson Mandela

Edited by todo, 09 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Nonviolence is a good policy when the conditions permit.
Nelson Mandela

Our single most important challenge is therefore to help establish a social order in which the freedom of the individual will truly mean the freedom of the individual.
Nelson Mandela

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
If I were a door, I would have no key.
I would always be open, I would always be me. ~ Me, myself and I :happy: :thumbsup:

ludopaddy

ludopaddy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
Ron White