Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspecious Cloud.9

• Please log in to reply

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Yes, that was humorous thanks.

The logs show you have slightly outdated versions of vulnerable programs, so Go to each of these sites and update to the latest version (keep your eyes open - they often slide in "opportunities" for things like Google, or McAfee's scanner):

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
(For Adobe Reader and Flash Player - uncheck the useless McAfee scan, if offered)

------------

You can also at this time delete the files/folders of the tools we used. To assist with some of that, run OTL again. This will help by automatically removing some of the tools we used.

Just click CleanUp, and select Yes. When it finishes removing some of the tools and files we used there just agree to the reboot.

-------

In addition, I like to recommend reviewing the information at these locations, to make sure your system stays secure:

http://www.geekstogo...he-first-place/

http://www.geekstogo...safe-computing/

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
In parting, I'll offer these two examples:

A company borrows money from a bank, hires staff and creates a good product. People buy it, the company grows and hires even more people. Who rent apartments, shop at the local K-Mart (who surely could use the business), and pay utilities, and eventually the community surrounding the company grows.

A company borrows money from a bank, hires staff and creates a good product. You and everyone else steals their product. They don't grow, and instead let staff go.

That's economy, and a fact. And stealing is stealing, whether it's a buck from your grandma's purse, stealing a CD from a music store or stealing online software. I don't know a single person who speaks well of someone they know who steals.

Xellon

Xellon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks for the further info.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Thus endeth the preaching.

Xellon

Xellon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Thus endeth the preaching.

Nah, its cool. I guess I should say I was kidding around with the whistling thing

What you say is 100% correct so have nothing to say against it. I admit I did do a lot of downloading around 4-6 years ago and picked up on a lot of things about computers. Well, I still download anime since they don't air on tv in the USA. If it comes out on DVD/blu-ray, I try to get my favs, got a decent collection (nothing compared to a lot of people I know though).

short story - Was in college at that time and something very frustrating happened. I used my loans to order supplies (I didn't withdraw any loans as an option but instead left it to the school to take it out when necessary). Books, art materials, software, etc. Back then, photoshop cs2 was out (and I didn't know cs3 was out at the time). Turns out that the supplies I ordered came with cs2 (and others but Ill just talk about one). When classes start, the teacher told us that we won't even be using cs2 or reading the $70 book that came with it (that's when the class sighed in sync). That's when I had to use my credit card to get the cs3 book. Was mad about that.

Stayed at school to work on projects, but then I was introduced to torrents and just dled cs3, then 4. Then I was finally able to work on it at home and my grades improved cause of it.

Eventually, I read articles, forums, etc back and forth about piracy and copyright infringements and saw arguments on both sides. But actually haven't downloaded anything for free ever since.... (forgot his name) that teen from outside the USA was extradited to the USA for simply linking to copyrighted material. That gave me a bit of a scare right there yet I was against what they did. Didn't seem right. too heavy a penalty.

Well, started buying my software like warecraft, net extractor, profound sound, etc however, I did still torrent things like revo uinstaller without any thought.

Well, anyway, your preaching had a bit of an effect on me so do continue letting people know that downloading pirated software is illegal.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
:thumbsup: