Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Blue Screen Tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

steelreign

steelreign

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I feel as if I have a similar problem as the person in this thread:

http://www.geekstogo...ys-problemhelp/

however, I'm using windows 8 and not 7. I also don't have the specified folder to fix the problem in my device manager.

My pc seems to crash when the internet temporarily cuts out, but sometimes at other random times.Attached File  dmp.zip   179.38KB   183 downloads

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
All the same error, bwcW8x64.sys which is a driver for a Killer Bandwidth Control / NIC.

What is the "bwcw8x64.sys" ?

Our database contains 3 different files for filename bwcw8x64.sys . This files most often belongs to product Killer Bandwidth Control. and were most often developed by company Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.. This files most often have description Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver. This file contains driver. You can find it in the Drivers section of the System Explorer. - See more at: http://systemexplore...h.vTTg1sRf.dpuf

What is the make and full model number of your computer? Is it one of the MSI Touch screens?

Do you have CA Etrust installed?

steelreign

steelreign

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a MSI GE40 2OC-009US (dragon eyes). Just bought it last month.

It sounds like it's a driver for my Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager, or maybe the card itself.

No I don't have CA Etrust, just window's defender. I also installed malwarebytes, ran it, then uninstalled it after everything came back clean.

Edited by steelreign, 04 August 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm not sure how to help with this. All I can suggest is to try the latest driver available, contact MSI and Qualcomm, see if they have any help for Windows 8 problems.

See here: Killer Networks E2200 terrible Windows 8 Drivers (both from KN and MSI)