Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help my computer build

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello ajtav007

I will be happy to put a list of parts together for you to check out, it will be based on a high end but reasonably priced build that will deliver the gaming performance that you require, I can then provide you an alternative list of parts that will cost a vast amount of financial outlay but not be worth the money that you would be paying for it, this to demonstrate that what is ideal may not need to cost an awful lot of cash.

Advertisements

ajtav007

ajtav007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok, thank you very much :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
You are most welcome and Here is example number one ajtav007 :thumbsup:

ajtav007

ajtav007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thank you! is a full tower necessary for water cooling or can you do that with a mid tower?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Modern cases may be designed to allow for liquid cooling be they mid or full tower, personally I am not a fan of liquid cooling due to the risk of it leaking and blowing the whole system + it also involves additional internal maintenance which should be kept to a minimum, there is also the warranty implications, please see my canned text below;

Using an aftermarket cooler or cooling system, a very important thing I must make you aware of is that you do not need the additional heatsink and CPU fan/cooling system and if you did use one it you would void your CPU warranty both AMD and Intel are clear on this, see below;

AMD;
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the AMD microprocessor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty is used with any heatsink/fan other than the one provided herewith.
Full AMD article @ http://support.amd.c...earLimited.aspx

Intel;
damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;
Full Intel article available @ http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

ajtav007

ajtav007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Heyy. This is my final build, so i just wanted to see if you could check it out for me. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker....v007/saved/26zz

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Nice but a 24" display would be better for gaming :thumbsup:

ajtav007

ajtav007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So i was just wondering how good this build actually is? Like im 1000% confident in my video card but how good is my processor?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Your CPU will do what you require of it but keep in mind that it is way down in the rankings but the price that you would be paying for it reflects that http://www.cpubenchm...00K APU&id=1446

ajtav007

ajtav007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks! How much does the CPU matter when im gaming. I bought a high end video card, now is the CPU going to hold it down?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I can only offer you an explanation as to the specifications of the CPU which will hopefully help you to decide if it is what you are looking for;

The CPU has four cores and the average user even when gaming only uses 3 of the 4 cores so that is a +1.
The CPU is fast @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) +2
The CPU is inexpensive for the performance +3
Very good user reviews Here +4

Does that help any.