Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Tecra 9100 paltop new HD's read IDE #0 ERROR

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have four tecra laptops, download legal music, needed more HD to back up the flac files.

FYI: I can use a second HD in my select bay, which is where the music files go.
Grateful Dead Shows alone have filled 300 gigs so far, which is why the multiple HD!

Already have 2- 100 gig seagates, 9.5 mm, 5- 80 gig toshiba, several other smaller ones, all work pefectly!

Just bought four "new" Toshiba 80 gigs, MK8025GAS Drive, same exact as the 5 I already have, all of which read as "IDE #0 ERROR"

I have tried these in all laptops, used fdisk, win98, win xp to partition, but can't even get the laptop to recognize HD.

Edited by tgvas, 07 June 2005 - 08:47 PM.