Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Much C++ Should I Know Before I Start Learning Direct X

• Please log in to reply

Beastlyhex

Beastlyhex

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
How Much C++ Should I Know Before I Start To Learn Direct X. I know basic C++ and i know im not ready now for it but i was wondering what sort of things do i need to know before i start learning Direct x.
By basics c++ i mean.

classes,
functions,
if-else statements,
cout<<,
using namespace,
#include,
arrays,
random number generation,
variables,
strings,
and doubles, floats, and signed/unsigned

What other things will i need to know before i begin to learn Direct X. Also this is the book i would buy for Direct X. http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/1435458958

Advertisements

rfdsetyujkl

rfdsetyujkl

• Pip
  • 3 posts

how you memorize them.i memorize control structures then the next day i forget them.

DrEbola

DrEbola

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I would strongly recommend that you gain a strong understanding of pointers, the Win32 API, etc. IN ADDITION to EVERYTHING you have listed above.  

Also, DirectX also requires some pretty intense math, and it is recommended that you at least have taken beginning calculus. 

Edited by DrEbola, 08 June 2014 - 11:18 PM.