Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer shutting on and off on its own

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I just built my own gaming computer and I'm freaking out because I spent over 800 dollars on it and now (two weeks later) it is shutting on and off on its own. I have seen and heard a billion times that its overheating but a program that I downloaded says the CPU is running at about 40 degrees Celsius. It has an intel i5 3350p that is not overclocked and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram. I'm running on an asrock motherboard and a radeon hd 7850 graphics card. My power source is a 500 watt corsair power source. It ran fine for the last two weeks but just today it is shutting on and off on its own. Help is needed please!!

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Have you scanned for malware and virus's?