Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - Help

• Please log in to reply

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, new to here and hope that someone can help, I have just reinstalled the whole of my system due to various problems and keep getting tcpip.sys crashes, have attached minidump filesAttached File  Minidumps.zip   131.02KB   150 downloads

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Were you able to install SP1? What about updates.

The BSOD is almost surely due to a device driver problem. Try updating your Network (LAN) driver if you can get it downloaded.

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks, it was one of the things I had forgotten to do, all drivers for the MB have now been updated, will give it 24 hours to see if that has sorted the problem, otherwise I may have to go back to day one of the install and try again, this time installing things 1 by 1 until I find the culprit.

Thought, I'd update this post as the problem was not fixed, so I've gone back to 1st base, Installed Win7x64 (SP1 disk), installed all updated ASUS drivers and AMD graphics driver,then went ahead with hotfixes etc., left it overnight to soak in and no problems, I also managed to fix a couple of niggles, that had been showing up in the event viewer, now installed a few pieces of software that I can't do without and still no problems, installed printer, and will wait another day before installing anything else.

I'll only come back if I run into problems

Edited by Bobw1951, 11 August 2013 - 04:00 AM.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
BugCheck D1, {1c, 2, 1, fffff8800486420e}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TcpBeginTcbSend+33e )

Usual Causes: Device Driver

It appears that a device driver has referenced a invalid memory address, and then caused a illegal page fault.

4: kd> !irql
Debugger saved IRQL for processor 0x4 -- 2 (DISPATCH_LEVEL)

4: kd> lmvm networx
start             end                 module name
fffff880`12240000 fffff880`1224d000   networx  T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: networx.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\networx.sys
    Image name: networx.sys
    Timestamp:        Wed Jul 10 14:05:07 2013 (51DD5C03)
    CheckSum:         000159CE
    ImageSize:        0000D000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Your NetWorx program seems to be causing problems, I would remove the program completely with - http://www.revouninstaller.com/

What anti-virus program(s) are you running? Internet Security programs usually cause problems.

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for narrowing it down to Networx, I'll make sure that is not installed, I use BitDefender AV Plus 2013

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Okay, BitDefender is usually okay and doesn't cause problems. I haven't seen or heard it cause problems in the past year :)

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I didn't really think BD was a problem, I have managed to get the system back up and running fully without any BSODs (by leaving out NetWorx)

The only thing that is bothering me now is a SideBySide error in the event log, which seems to point to C++ redistributable, I went to the MS download website and installed them again, but still get the error, Don't know how to use sxstrace.exe:

Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 15/08/2013 17:20:24
Event ID: 33
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN-COMPUTER
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\MFC80.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="SideBySide" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-08-15T16:20:24.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2954</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>MAIN-COMPUTER</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"</Data>

</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\MFC80.DLL</Data>

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
The error means that two programs have two conflicting versions, you can start a SxS trace by entering this command:

SxsTrace Trace -logfile:SxsTrace.etl

and then stop the trace with:

sxstrace Parse -logfile:SxSTrace.etl -outfile:SxSTrace.txt

More information here - http://social.techne...ors-event-id-33

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the info, I think it belongs to something that runs at startup, because I have cleared the event log and then rebooted and it shows up after everything has loaded, all running programs run without errors, I did try the sfc /scannow suggestion in the link you provided but that found no problems and the 2 KBs that were mentioned are not on my system so uninstalling them was not an option.

I suppose I could disable all startup programs and run them one by one until I get the event error, but looking at what was being said, I think I'll just ignore it as suggested by MS and as it is not actually causing a problem

Once again thanks for all your help

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Welcome, and a clean startup will be good, remember to just leave your AV program enabled.

Bobw1951

Bobw1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks, I have my system set up so that the all data and my User Files are on another drive so that makes keeping some settings intact and easier to install programs like TB and PaleMoon.

AV is always on :rolleyes:, haven't had a virus/trojan etc. get through since the first Win 7 Public beta came out a few years back.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
That's good to know :)