Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Winamp Removal

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
A few weeks ago I downloaded Winamp as an alternative player, along with its plug-in to play pls. files. I decided to remove it. I used the Winamp Wizard to un-install it. I furthermore checked on ADD/REMOVE list to make sure it was gone. Then I went to My Computer>Program Files and checked to see if a folder still remained named Winamp. However "Play with Winamp" or "Enque in Winamp" still appears on drop down lists. I also went the route of Set Program Access and Defaults. is there a way that I can completely remove traces of Winamp from my PC?

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Try this Waynf.

http://download.cnet...4-10687648.html

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I don't think Revo will work since it's no longer in Add or Remove Programs. You need the paid version for that.

Reg Edit File removed

Edited by Wolfeymole, 08 August 2013 - 08:12 AM.
Inappropriate Advice

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
If uninstall will not find it then just install it again and then uninstall with Revo. Then when once uninstalled again check program files and if a folder still exists just delete it.
I always reinstall then uninstall if at first it wont uninstall, :woot: if that made any sense.

Admirgency

Admirgency

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
RevoUninstaller offers a Pro trial-version for 30 days to perform "forced uninstall" (uninstalling left-overs). Be carefull with that function and subsequent search for more left-overs (the latter also available in the freeware-version).