Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen crash 0x0000000F7 someone please help!

• Please log in to reply

daisymay

daisymay

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I had this problem a few weeks ago when trying to install a copy of The Sims 3. I have never, that I am aware of, received this particular error code before. I was never able to get the game installed. Now, trying to install an expansion pack of The Sims 2, same thing occurred again. Is this possibly related to EA games? Is this possible because I may be trying to install a DVD-ROM game on a computer without DVD-ROM? I have no clue, and I need help please!
The full error code that I got was this:
0x0000000F7 (0xEC077DAA, 0x0000BB40, 0xFFFF44BF, 0x00000000)
It also mentions "driver has overrun a stack-based buffer"
Please help!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If the game or expansion pack comes on a DVD and you don't have a DVD optical drive then you're out of luck.

You could try copying the entire DVD to a flash drive at a friends then install it from there, see if that works.

daisymay

daisymay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Right now, I am more concerned about the state of my computer than getting the game installed. Dell says there is a DVD-ROM drive on this computer, so that can't be the problem. I have heard that the F7 errors are a harbinger of the entire system failing. Can anyone tell me if that is true? Dell, of course, wants me to just buy a new system. That would be a great solution if it wasn't for the small matter of paying for it! I am trying to use this one for as long as I can, and I know it is 8 years old. Does anyone have any info on what that error message I got actually means?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the model number of the Dell computer?

Quite a few of the 0x0000000F7 hits I get via Google point to a video driver problem. Check the Dell site to see if there is a newer driver. If not check the video chip manufacturers web site. Once I have the model number I can help with this.

daisymay

daisymay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It is a Dimension 8400 series running Windows XP.

daisymay

daisymay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
And thank you so much for your help!