Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD windows Vista (mothers pc)

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK does your mom run Win7?
Do you have the newest Win7 drivers for the printer scanner?
Just in case you can get the drivers HERE.

Advertisements

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
she is running windows vista 32bit. the scanner does work on my windows 7 laptop. i just used revo uninstaller to uninstall everything affiliated to the printer and deleted in from the printers under control panel. i just let the plug and play do its thing to reinstall the printer. using windows photo gallery the scanner does work. i just tried installing via the hp disk and i get the same message scanner communication cannot be established. i just found an hp print and scan doctor and installed it. upon running "finding and fixing scanning problems" the first attempt it made to scan failed saying scanner unreachable and then received a hp twain scan error. i was prompted to unplug and replug in the power cord and restart the pc and run the utility again. after i rebooted and the program asked me to continue or quit.. i chose continue. it sounded like the scanner was trying to scan a couple times but scanner communications cannnot be established and the hp twain scan. i was prompted to uninstall and reinstall the software (via cd or from the hp site). i downloaded the full feature software and drivers for the printer. i followed that uninstall wizard. i reinstalled the printer from the downloaded file, there was an addition of a utility program and an program to tell of ink levels that was never there before and the scanner does now work thru the hp desktop icon.

many thanks for your help and patience.

Edited by xppc, 11 November 2013 - 05:21 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it would seem the disk installs a driver not for Vista since it did work before you tried the HP disk.
BTW the link I sent you can click on the drop down menu and it has Vista in the choices for the OS. Just in case you missed that.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i didnt look at it but i will bookmark it on her pc tomorrow when i am back over there.

thanks again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and let me know if the Vista driver works for her.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
mom's pc has been working fine until yesterday. drivermax had only the realtek audio driver out of date. she is getting frustrated and wondering if she just needs to buy a new pc but i told her i dont want to curse her with win 8. i havent tried reinstalling the vista (saving as last resort.. but should i purchase a win 7 anytime upgrade if i do this?) this is the crash report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: BUNNY-PC
windows version: Windows Vista Service Pack 2, 6.0, build: 6002
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ AMD586, level: 15
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2078027776 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1960591360

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 12/9/2013 6:50:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120913-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (fltmgr+0xA5FC)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFF82FCF3E4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82BCE5FC, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/9/2013 6:50:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!KeRaiseIrqlToSynchLevel+0x70)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFF82FCF3E4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82BCE5FC, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/9/2013 4:17:02 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120913-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xAC6FF)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFFFFF81ACC6FF, 0xFFFFFFFF8A618B18, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Sun 12/8/2013 6:12:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120813-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: cmdguard.sys (cmdguard+0x100EA)
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904AA, 0xFFFFFFFF80598C94, 0xFFFFFFFF80598990, 0xFFFFFFFF8828F8A0)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\cmdguard.sys
product: COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver
company: COMODO
description: COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cmdguard.sys (COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver, COMODO).
Google query: COMODO NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

On Wed 11/6/2013 4:53:31 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110613-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: cpudrv.sys (cpudrv+0x674)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFA1D4B674, 0xFFFFFFFFA36F8B30, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cpudrv.sys .
Google query: cpudrv.sys KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Wed 11/6/2013 4:40:53 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110613-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: cpudrv.sys (cpudrv+0x674)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFA13FA674, 0xFFFFFFFF9A769B30, 0x0)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cpudrv.sys .
Google query: cpudrv.sys KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I'm going to go outside my normal box here and ask you to do the following. Your errors are all over the place and I need to find the common denominator in all this.

Please follow this link HERE to download the PCHF program. Run it and attach the log to your next post. This will give me a lot more info to se what is going on with the errors and your system.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
attached is the log file

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No log file attached. :confused:

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
sorry about that.. guess i should have double checked it attached and loaded here... oh by the way..i am using her pc to send this. previous attachments thru here were not working when i tried to send minidump logs before you told me about whorcrashedit

Attached Files

Edited by xppc, 11 December 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I see references to Comodo firewall on the 8th
On the 66th you had a cpudrv.sys which is a known issue with systems mainly motherboards it looks like not being able to run games.

Probably a SystemRequirementsLab driver - but is contained in other products such as ASRock Intel Graphics Driver Sync Service module - also found on a Sony system.

On Sept 25th you had a storport.sys which is part of the OS
All the rest of the BSOD's point to the OS. Have you manually checked the Microsoft Windows update page to make sure all updates are current including the optional ones? If you are set to automatic it usually only does the important ones so if you can please check that for me.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i will do that now..i am just showing 10 important plus 4 optional now... cumulative security update for IE(, microsoft .net framework, several security updates for windows vista, security update for ms office 2007.. optional nvida display (geforce 6150SE nforce 430), nvida network (nforce new\tworking controller), realtek audio and bing desktop

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Unless you use Bing desktop I see no reason for that. The others yes get them all. :thumbsup:

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
as of this moment.. zero important updates. 2 optional.. the bing one and nvidia display - nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430 (which failed 3 times). when i click on "more information" this page fails to open

http://winqual.micro...iverid=20310617

says problem loading page.. unable to connect

i will be around her pc tomorrow after i take her to a doc appt.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then go to Nvidias site and see if the update is available there.