Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conputer randomly goes to sleep

• Please log in to reply

Light Knight

Light Knight

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hello,

I have a bizzarre problem.

My computer goes to sleep when I either plug in a USB, press Ctrl Alt Del, switch windows using the "Alt Tab", and when a program like winamp changes songs. The computer monitor goes blank, the computer does its "sleep" sound, and all that is needed to wake it up is shake of the mouse.

But here is the funny part, this only happens on ONE of the two users on the computer. Both have admin powers, and both have the "power settings" set to Balanced, and the advanced settings are the same.

There are no other problems, the computer is only a year old, and the other user has NO issues at all.

I set the Vid Card settings default, and still no help.

CPU: i7 2600K (not overclocked)
RAM: 8BG (Patriot Gamer)
Win: 7
GFX: Asus radion hd 7750
PSU: Corsair CX500
Mobo: Gigabite Ga 277 D3H

The computer is maleware free according to Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, and McAfee.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hiya I would post an OTL log in the malware section as some stuff can avoid detection.
http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/
And it rules out malware for you if they check first
:thumbsup:

Edited by Niyol, 11 August 2013 - 02:55 AM.