Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RCA Lyra 1071 mp3 player help

• Please log in to reply

canucksfan

canucksfan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I just got a Lyra 1071 mp3 player, and I can't get it to work. I connected it to the computer with the USB cable, and everything else is installed. But when I press "play" on the player while it's plugged in, it doesn't turn on. BUT it turns on when the cable isn't in the player and it is by itself. What's wrong with it??? How can I fix this so that it says "USB connected" like it's supposed to?

OH. before when I connected the usb with the player and the computer, the player got really hot and turned the screen black (burned?), but the black went away as the mp3 player cooled down... but now there is some sort of burned wire smell in the socket that the usb cable goes in. Is it busted?? Is it hopeless or can I do something???? PLEASE HELP if you can!

Advertisements

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Sounds like it fried it. I would suggest getting in contact with the manufacturer, or going back to the place you bought it, if its not that old..

canucksfan

canucksfan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the thing is, I got it as a present so I don't know where it was bought. and it was a while ago... I didn't get a chance to get to it till now. Do you think the manufacturer would be able to do anything?? Like, maybe if I mail the address on the box they'll send me another one, or help me fix it..?

I want to know, is there a way for them to replace that socket that the usb cable goes in? It's at the back of the mp3 player... does anyone know how much that would cost? Or is that impossible. The only problem is with the USB cable hooking up to the computer... the mp3 player turns on fine by itself..

Edited by canucksfan, 08 June 2005 - 06:29 PM.