Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Run Games because of my video card driver.

• Please log in to reply

Legobot1

Legobot1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried to play need for speed: hot pursuit(2010). Everything was fine until picking the cars and actually racing. I did a little research and one person told me to go to: http://www.systemreq...ntslab.com/CYRI to see if i can run a specific game and i tried it with Need for Speed: The Run and unsurprisingly i failed, this is what it said:
Minimum

CPU Minimum: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Equivalent
You Have: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz

RAM
Minimum: 3 GB
You Have: 3.0 GB

OS
Minimum: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 4870 or higher performance / 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or higher performance
You Have: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family UPGRADE SUGGESTED

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 18 GB
You Have: 103.4 GB

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Pixel Shader version 4.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0 4.0
Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 64 MB

Please help, Thanks guys

Edited by Legobot1, 12 August 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Are you playing on a laptop or desktop pc?

JohnSheen

JohnSheen

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
If I am not seeing wrong, your computer( seemingly your laptop) has an onboard graphics card provided on your intel cpu. If not please give us more details about your gpu.
(Assuming yours is an onboard one) First of all you can't play a 3D game with an onboard graphics solution. They are not designed to process heavy graphics, just for some basic office work I can say. Well you can play some games but of course not healthy at all :D It will probably stop responding or heat up too much after a while and crash the game or shut down the pc.

And, if it is a laptop you use, I strongly recommend not to use Windows Vista by any earthly means :) Vista is like a handicapped little brother to Win7, it taxes too much of your RAM and prevents you from using the full potential of your computer. For your case Win Xp would be a more accurate choice.

hope it helps :) peace

gast33

gast33

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
search for a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Low graphics mod you might find it on youtube