Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

high CPU usage and multiple blue screens

• Please log in to reply

Hoag89

Hoag89

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello i am running a custom desktop from tigerdirect.com with: AMD phenom II X2 550 3.1Ghz processor, 12GB RAM DDR3, 64-bit windows 7, Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA device hard drive,and a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 video card.

I have for a long time been getting crashes and blue screens and its only gotten worse to the point it crashes almost once an hour if I am gaming. I noticed the CPU usage would go to 100% even when i just had one instance of League of Legends open. I have reformatted the computer using a genuine windows 7 installation CD and the problems continue through.
I ran a crash dump analysis and got some of the following read outs:

1)On Mon 8/12/2013 10:47:31 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081213-28563-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x2BC60)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFA800C62F840, 0xFFFFFA800C62F8F0, 0x40B0084)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

2)On Sat 8/10/2013 12:19:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080913-37487-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6F880)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x437872DC, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002A5A12E)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

3)On Sat 8/10/2013 3:11:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080913-28017-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6F880)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002D78FDA, 0x1, 0x18)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I have already run CHK DSK and I am not too advanced in this process but i believe that there were no alarming results. How do i access these results to paste here ?? I am in the process of running a hard drive analysis but do not yet have the results of it.

Advice to point me in a direction? Thank You

Advertisements

Hoag89

Hoag89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
and now i actually found the chkdsk resuslts:

Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows will now check the disk. CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)... 570368 file records processed. File verification completed. 1127 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 2 EA records processed. 164 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)... 731600 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered. CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)... 570368 file SDs/SIDs processed. Cleaning up 3 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9. Cleaning up 3 unused security descriptors. Security descriptor verification completed. 80617 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 35615936 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Windows has checked the file system and found no problems. 488382463 KB total disk space. 235901808 KB in 488500 files. 386228 KB in 80618 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 691967 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 251402460 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 122095615 total allocation units on disk. 62850615 allocation units available on disk. Internal Info: 00 b4 08 00 29 af 08 00 3f 93 10 00 00 00 00 00 ....)...?....... 31 8a 00 00 a4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1............... 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................ Windows has finished checking your disk. Please wait while your computer restarts.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Please upload the Minidumps for the BSODs:

C:\Windows\Minidump

Place all the dump files into a zipped folder, and then upload in your next post.

Hoag89

Hoag89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it says access is denied when I try and open compress the files. It says cannot open access is denied.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Why are you trying to open the dump files? Please copy and paste the files into a zipped folder.

Hoag89

Hoag89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yea when i try and do that it says : file not found or no read permission. Im not sure how to fiz this

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Download Autoruns and Autorunsc
http://download.sysi...es/Autoruns.zip
Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.blee...MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Upload your dump files.
http://h30434.www3.h...les/td-p/253475

Edited by rockmilk, 15 August 2013 - 04:12 PM.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

yea when i try and do that it says : file not found or no read permission. Im not sure how to fiz this

You need a tool like WinDbg to open the dump files, which can be downloaded as part of the Windows SDK or WDK, but that is one part of the story, you will need to know which commands to enter to gather more information about the crash and also understand how the crash happened.