Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with finding correct temp on AMD FX4100

• Please log in to reply

Themkman

Themkman

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hello

I am trying to find the temp of my CPU, I have ordered a new aftermarket cooler as im going to clock my CPU from 3.6ghz to 4ghz but i really want to find my temps, now im running 3 temp programs and none of them seem to correspond with each other.

can someone please have a look and tell me which program is the most accurate and which header i should be looking at for my temps, as i may not be reading them correctly.

im using

CPUID hw monitor
speed fan
core temp

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• temp 2.png

Advertisements

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hello
Have you tried Speccy? Its free. Its a good little tool that has temps and lots of other info. It's easy to read and understand too.
It must be pretty accurate as it found my cpu was over heating.
Here's the link if your interested http://www.piriform.com/speccy
As for knowing which is correct I don't know but I've seen the Geekstogo tech's use speed fan a lot.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Niyol, 13 August 2013 - 09:00 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Speedfan sometimes shows anomalous readings and particularily if the MB has it`s own monitoring software as the two can sometimes conflict with each other, for Intel CPUs try Real Temp as it is pretty straight forward and/or AIDA64 for AMD CPUs

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
+1 for Real Temp.
Be sure to stick with your selected monitor for all the tests, also ensure that any fan profiles are identical.