Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slowbus

• Please log in to reply

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi Again

"For a fast booting system it is important to clear up the errors that show up in System and Applications logs as each error causes a delay.

In the Search box type: services.msc and wait for it to find it. Right click on services.msc and Run AS Admin."

Im afraid i cant find it , iv stuck "services .msc" into every search box i can find to no avail.
could you guide me to the correct search box?

Appolgies again for my lack of know how, but i think im missing a step.

Stato

Advertisements

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
For the next step
Enter 3 lines into command report.
The notepad opens but there is no text.

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
right iv run the microsoft fixit. but im missing the other two steps. i await your reply
Thank you again
Stato

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi There

Iv managed to figure out where i was going wrong with the "services.msc"problem.
However when i try this step:

we need to make a registry change. I need to see which entries need to be changed so
Copy the next 3 lines:

reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs /s > C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs /s >> C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
notepad C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Notepad should open. Copy the text from notepad and paste it into a reply.

The notepad still opens blank.
Hope your still with me , iv noticed an improvement .Well it seems not to be fresseing altogether anymore, it is how ever still running slow and droping out of web pages quite frequently.
thanks again for all your help

Stato

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Try it now. I think the space in Windows NT was causing a problem. The quotation marks should help. Try it again.

Copy the next 3 lines:

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" /s > C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" /s >> C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Notepad should open. Copy the text from notepad and paste it into a reply.

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi
GreAT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN

aFFRAID I GET THE SAME BLANK WORD PAD,
THIS IS THE TEXT BOX BEFORE I HIT ENTER, MAYBE THERES A CLUE IN IT.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\
CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" /s > C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

C:\Windows\system32>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\Cu
rrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" /s >> C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

C:\Windows\system32>notepad C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt

C:\Windows\system32>

tHANKS
STATO

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
This one should work:

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /s > C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt
reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /s >> C:\Users\Lisa\desktop\junk.txt

stato

stato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Success!!!!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
IconServiceLib REG_SZ IconCodecService.dll
DdeSendTimeout REG_DWORD 0x0
DesktopHeapLogging REG_DWORD 0x1
GDIProcessHandleQuota REG_DWORD 0x2710
ShutdownWarningDialogTimeout REG_DWORD 0xffffffff
USERNestedWindowLimit REG_DWORD 0x32
USERPostMessageLimit REG_DWORD 0x2710
USERProcessHandleQuota REG_DWORD 0x2710
(Default) REG_SZ mnmsrvc
DeviceNotSelectedTimeout REG_SZ 15
Spooler REG_SZ yes
TransmissionRetryTimeout REG_SZ 90
AppInit_DLLs REG_SZ
LoadAppInit_DLLs REG_DWORD 0x1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
IconServiceLib REG_SZ IconCodecService.dll
DdeSendTimeout REG_DWORD 0x0
DesktopHeapLogging REG_DWORD 0x1
GDIProcessHandleQuota REG_DWORD 0x2710
ShutdownWarningDialogTimeout REG_DWORD 0xffffffff
USERNestedWindowLimit REG_DWORD 0x32
USERPostMessageLimit REG_DWORD 0x2710
USERProcessHandleQuota REG_DWORD 0x2710
(Default) REG_SZ mnmsrvc
DeviceNotSelectedTimeout REG_SZ 15
Spooler REG_SZ yes
TransmissionRetryTimeout REG_SZ 90
AppInit_DLLs REG_SZ
LoadAppInit_DLLs REG_DWORD 0x1

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
OK. I see the problem. LoadAppInit_DLLs REG_DWORD 0x1 Should be 0 in both of the Keys. If you are handy with regedit you can do it yourself or you can download the attached FixApp.reg file and save it then right click on it and Merge. Allow the merge.

That should fix the error:

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/08/2013 16:56:42
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 11 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

There aren't really any Custom dynamic link libraries being loaded for every application as there is nothing set in AppInit_DLLs but because LoadAppInit_DLLs is set to 1 there could be. By setting it to 0 we rule out the possibility and that makes Windows happy. This used to be a favorite sport for malware to insert itself into the system. You can read more about it here if you are interested:
http://msdn.microsof...2(v=vs.85).aspx