Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Freezes when watching Flash Video

• Please log in to reply

heyage13

heyage13

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hello,

I for the life of me cannot figure out what the problem is. I have the same issue (video freezing when watching flash videos ie. youtube, VEVO etc...)I have updated my flash software as well as the driver for the video card and even tried another video card in my system. I find this very strange because it only seems to happen with Flash and no other video file format. Any help would much be appreciated as I have been struggling to have this problem fixed for months now.

Thanks

Advertisements

heyage13

heyage13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Can someone please try and help me with this it would be much appreciated

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello heyage13

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

For future reference if you have waited 3 days or more for a reply to your OP post in the Waiting Room as it will not be overlooked as can happen as topics move down the forum board/s.

heyage13

heyage13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I've done everything you mentioned...and I appreciate your reply very much.

Once the scan was completed there was no link provided...I even ran it multiple times and yes I signed up and logged in to the software before running the scan. Any idea how I can obtain the url?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
See if the attachment below helps heyage13;

heyage13

heyage13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
This does not show up once the scan is complete. All that shows up is a scan summary in the software itself. At no time does my browser open up after the scan is done as shown in the print screen you've provided me with.

heyage13

heyage13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I think the website has changes since the screen capture you provided was done. That was back in 2012 and the software was run directly off the website..as mentioned, the software now has to be downloaded to your PC...log files can be created but are made in a .zip format which I unfortunately cannot include in these posts.

Any other solutions?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

I think the website has changes since the screen capture you provided was done. That was back in 2012 and the software was run directly off the website..as mentioned, the software now has to be downloaded to your PC...log files can be created but are made in a .zip format which I unfortunately cannot include in these posts.

Any other solutions?

You must be missing something as I have just run the test on a notebook that I often use http://pcpitstop.com...?conid=25408411 note the date tested is 8/22/2013