Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control Panel Uninstall Junks

• Please log in to reply

Personal

Personal

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
I was deciding to do a little clean up on my computer and I came across some C++ 2008 Redistributable with different versions installed on different dates and MSXML 4.0 SP2 and SP3.. What I want to know is if it is safe to delete them since it was the windows update that installed them onto my computer.

Advertisements

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
You really need to be careful here. Research into why these are here is necessary, many of these are used simultaneously, and I do not know why you would want to do this. What is your objective???

Take a look at this article on MSXML.

Read this whole thread on C** redistributables.

Personal

Personal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
I see. Thank you and I will be sure to read the whole thread on the C++ redistributables. I was lucky I asked before acting upon myself and deleting them. My objective was to safe a few space but like Sheng Jiang said on the thread.... The amount of time you spend on finding the dependency would most likely not worth the few megabytes you may save.

Edited by Personal, 15 August 2013 - 07:24 PM.