Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my computer is old i got two options.

• Please log in to reply

Cornytheman

Cornytheman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey World, wassup?

So today i wanna ask a expert or some for of medium knowledge too test my own theories.
i got an Acer Aspire X1470 win 7 64-bit right?
And the video card is 2.2ghz and i cant play games like dishonored or any game that new is needed minimum requirements or lower so i was asking then if i shall replace it cuz its 4 years old it got a quad core amd so good wireless and good performance i quess but like a small opgrade that will help me get trought few more months.

my questions is what video card can i replace in this computer easiest way.

http://www.komplett....aspx?sku=656447 here is my computer as it stands, i did put ina single ram card with 8gb i was mistaken and was thinking it was duo card but nope.. so 8 ram not 16 ram. pls any info at all helps along way

-Cornytheman

Advertisements

Cornytheman

Cornytheman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump¨

nobody easiest way too ID a card that fits in a stock marchine?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,034 posts
:welcome: Cornytheman

Acer specs the case is very small meaning that only a low profile video card will fit, gaming and low profile video cards do not go well together as the cards in the main cannot produce the graphics power that is required, what is available also tends to be rather expensive http://www.overclock...cher_45815.html

The stock 220W PSU will need replacing to support any potential video card upgrade, please see my canned text below;

Please note that before purchasing any add on video card that the following must be considered;
Is the present PSU (power supply unit) powerful enough or will it also need upgrading.
What type of case do you have, full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this is important as you must make sure that there is enough room inside the case for the upgrade/s, upgrading a SFF type system can be difficult as they often use propriety components such as smaller and differing shape PSUs and they only have enough room inside the case for a low profile type add on card.

As an asides Cornytheman can I ask that you remember that we are all volunteers here who give our time freely and willingly but we cannot be here 24 - 7 and so sometimes you may not receive an instant reply, thank you for understanding.

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Hey World, wassup?

So today i wanna ask a expert or some for of medium knowledge too test my own theories.
i got an Acer Aspire X1470 win 7 64-bit right?
And the video card is 2.2ghz and i cant play games like dishonored or any game that new is needed minimum requirements or lower so i was asking then if i shall replace it cuz its 4 years old it got a quad core amd so good wireless and good performance i quess but like a small opgrade that will help me get trought few more months.

my questions is what video card can i replace in this computer easiest way.

http://www.komplett....aspx?sku=656447 here is my computer as it stands, i did put ina single ram card with 8gb i was mistaken and was thinking it was duo card but nope.. so 8 ram not 16 ram. pls any info at all helps along way

-Cornytheman

You would be better off saving up for a gaming pc,if you could find a low profile GPU for this Acer,you would probably need to upgrade your PSU and they do not make a small form psu's usually above 300 watts...Small form pc's are usually seen in a business setting,so it has one purpose...