Sorry about the delayed response, I am having hardware problems on my laptop - trying to switch all my stuff over to a new one.
Are there any other symptoms other than the hacked by pokemon title in internet explorer?
You should still have this program on your desktop, but if you don't, please download a fresh copy
Download Security Check from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- Post both the fresh Quick Scan log and the OTL fix log in your next response[\list]
Since combofix won't run on your system, let's use another tool to have a look at your drivers and services,
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.[list]
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Put a checkmark beside loaded modules.
- A reboot will be needed to apply the changes. Do it.
- TDSSKiller will launch automatically after the reboot. Also your computer may seem very slow and unusable. This is normal. Give it enough time to load your background programs.
- Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
- Check all boxes then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- The scan should take no longer than 2 minutes.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
- A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
In your next reply I would like to see:
- OTL log and the fix log (if you don't see the fix log pop up, you can find it in the C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder, the numbers in the file name will correspond with the date the scan was run)
- TDSSKiller log file