Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hacked by pokemon [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Hi there,
Sorry about the delayed response, I am having hardware problems on my laptop - trying to switch all my stuff over to a new one.

Are there any other symptoms other than the hacked by pokemon title in internet explorer?

Step 1
You should still have this program on your desktop, but if you don't, please download a fresh copy

Download Security Check from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Step 2
Download OTL to your Desktop

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

/md5start
*.vbs
/md5stop

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • Post both the fresh Quick Scan log and the OTL fix log in your next response[\list]

Step 3
    Since combofix won't run on your system, let's use another tool to have a look at your drivers and services,
    Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.[list]
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

Posted Image

• Put a checkmark beside loaded modules.

Posted Image

• A reboot will be needed to apply the changes. Do it.
  • TDSSKiller will launch automatically after the reboot. Also your computer may seem very slow and unusable. This is normal. Give it enough time to load your background programs.
  • Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
  • Check all boxes then click OK.
Posted Image

• Click the Start Scan button.
Posted Image
  • The scan should take no longer than 2 minutes.
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
Posted Image
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Posted Image
Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

In your next reply I would like to see:
  • Checkup.txt
  • OTL log and the fix log (if you don't see the fix log pop up, you can find it in the C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder, the numbers in the file name will correspond with the date the scan was run)
  • TDSSKiller log file

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
topic re-opened.

Can you tell me what it is doing now, and include the make and model?

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi.

When I switch it on, it won't start up and gave one continuous beep and no display on the monitor.

HP Pavilion a1000

I'm sorry that this has become so troublesome.

Edited by YellowRubberDuck, 18 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Hi,
You are not troublesome, this is what I like to do.

However it seems like your hardware is acting up, so I would like you to post in our hardware section here, as this is a little bit out of my league. You can provide a link to this thread so they can see what we did, in case it helps. It does sound like a piece of hardware has failed, but lets let one of the techs make that call instead of me.

I am sorry that this has happened to your computer, and I will leave this open for a while, and I will also monitor your other thread when you make it.

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi Crowbar,

I've started a new topic over there, link http://www.geekstogo...e-continuously/

Thanks so much for your help so far. I hope I can still salvage this computer and not throwing it into the bin.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.