Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail sending problems

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been encountering problems with my Gmail service as of late. Incoming mail not affected. However, sending mail attachements are subject to "timing out" or not completing. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but on or around July 30th I switched from Avira free edition anti-virus to "Avast free edition vers. 8.0.1489.0. Of course this anti-virus has Mail Shield and am wondering of Avast is interferring with my Gmail. I have tried to contact Gmail Forums but have received to responses to my postings.

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Once your attachment has successfully uploaded to Gmail's servers and you click send, it's on their end. Perhaps you are using an email client and didn't say so in your post? Then it would be happening on your local computer and Avast could very well be interfering. Try disabling the email part if possible or the whole thing and see if it goes away. Be extra cautious if you disable things.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can also test by disabling the Mail shield and see if the problem goes away.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I tried sending another one this week with an attachment, so I just kept clicking "send" over and over and eventually it went, but it took some time, its as if the computer had slowed down. However I will attempt disabling the Mail Shield just for when I am sending the email.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I tried sending attachment with Mail Shield stopped, but to no avail.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When you send an E-mail with tan attachment, do you get the indication the upload of the attachment has been completed? It should look like this:

GmailAttachment.jpg