Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung Class 10 MicroSD pro 32gb cannot be detected on windows

• Please log in to reply

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Class 10 MicroSD pro 32gb card and weirdly enough it is unable to be detected by my computer ( Running on windows 8)

I tried all methods from google but nothing works at all. ( Reformat etc)

The odd part is when i connect it to the phone and plug it using usb it was able to open. But when I used a card reader it doesn't work

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks! :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello TiFa LoCkHeArT

Have you tried the SD card in another computers card reader to see if the card is accessible, this to see if it is the card reader itself that is the problem.

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Thanks for the reply phillpower2!!!!

Apparently other computers in my houses can't seem to detect as well. Which is an extremely weird issue as I am able to access it by installing it into a phone but unable to use it with a card reader.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You will obviously be using an SD card adapter which accommodates the Micro SD card and it may well be that it is the adapter that is faulty.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello TiFa LoCkHeArT

It would appear to be the card then but can I ask whether the card has ever worked in the card reader on the computer running Windows 8 and is the Windows 8 installation a recent upgrade.

Check if the drivers for the card reader are installed, you can use DriverView for this.

If the drivers are installed open the Folder Options in the Control Panel, select Appearance and Personalization and then Folder Options .
Select the View tab in Folder Options and then clear the Hide empty drives in the Computer folder check box/circle and click OK, let us know how it goes.

To add to the adapter information from Wolfey can I ask if the adapter has a tab on the side of it to write protect the data on the card, if yes is it in the correct position.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi both! :D Thanks for the response again!

With regards to wolfey, I dont think its my reader issue, its a usb adapter instead of a card kind. I have tried other microsd cards to this adapters and it always works and reads through windows 8

Apparently there are no switches to it xD

I googled my issues and they said it might be because of the microsd card is locked as there was a password in it. However, I reformatted and everything but it was still unable to read.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I think there is some confusion here Tifa.

Unless I am mistaken you talk of the USB stick as a Reader which it is not but, rather, simply a docking station for the Micro SD card

What I refer to is a standard size SD Card adapter which again can be used as a docking station for a Micro SD Card.

I have both.

Consider this image.

Posted Image

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Ohhhhh!!! that's the one wolfey!!!

I'm referring to the right side image of that reader I used.

The weird thing is though all other microsd cards work but only this samsung one doesn't work :(

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Neither of the items featured in my image are card readers Tifa, they are just adapters and nothing more.

Have you tried the Micro card in the device shown to the left hand side?

If you have inserted the Micro card into the T-Flash USB stick and used that at all times then the circuit board on the T-Flash may be faulty.

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I don't have the adapter on the left side as I always used the one on the right side image.

The adapter is working perfectly well, as I plugged other micro sd cards into that adapter.

However, the micro sd card for samsung is able to read through the phone itself, but not directly through with the adapter.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Then I would suggest that the file extensions on the files on the Micro SD card are not readable via a PC.

It would seem that they can only be read when the Micro SD card is inserted into the phone.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Since you were not able to see it with the PC, how did you reformat it?
I assume you did it through the phone. It could very well be that the phone used a different file system for the format.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I think Tifa is saying that nothing worked Runner, including trying to format it.