Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My build any help?

• Please log in to reply

aareyn

aareyn

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Alright my first PC build ever and I want this system to run high end programs as well as games on high/ultra settings.

Here is my build if you want to know- CLICK HERE!

My concerns

1.) Is there a better maybe less expensive CPU I can get with a better stock fan because from hearing reviews its not too great I just really don't want to bottleneck my system having a inexpensive CPU.

2.) Another thing I want to know is do all the products come with hook ups(chords ect.)?

3.) Also I've heard the CPU doesn't come with thermal paste, so does that mean I don't require any?

4.) Also I was looking into CASES and I wasn't quite sure whether to get a full Tower or a mid range one, because I believe my video card is going to be pretty long so I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good mid tower with good ventilation to be able to carry all these components.

Alright that is all thanks for any feedback it will be helpful, I am planning on buying these parts in about 2 weeks from now so let me know :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hello aareyn

Couple of pointers for you that will save you some cash, the i7 CPU is overkill for what you require as you do not need or will use the hyperthreading technology that the CPU has, this technology is used by games programmers, CAD experts and 3D modelers etc, if you wish to overclock go for the i5 3570k or if not OCing go for the stock 3570
If you used an aftermarket HS and cooling fan you would void your CPU warranty both AMD and Intel are clear on this, see below;

AMD;
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the AMD microprocessor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty is used with any heatsink/fan other than the one provided herewith.
Full AMD article @ http://support.amd.c...earLimited.aspx
Intel;
damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;
Full Intel article available @ http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

You need to read the product specifications to find out what SATA cables etc are included but OEM products such as your DVD drive typically come without the SATA cables.

Retail processors are shipped with a thermal pad pre-applied to the stock heatsink.

Yours is a nice case but my preference would be the case that I have just purchased the Antec 900V3

Finally the choice of video card is very nice but at a high price, best bang for buck GPU at the moment http://www.newegg.co...ID=3938566&SID= some benchmarks for you Here

aareyn

aareyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thank you this is very helpful thanks for all the advice

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
You are most welcome aareyn :thumbsup:

Any further questions please let us know.

My recent hardware purchases that I really do need to put together at some point :whistling: http://uk.pcpartpick...wer2/saved/1Pa5

Edited by phillpower2, 18 August 2013 - 04:59 AM.
Link added