Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bios

• Please log in to reply

theonekj

theonekj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I HAVE AN HP PAVILION ZV5000, AMD 64 3200+, AND IM TRYINGTO OVERCLOCK MY PROCESSOR BUT CANT CHANGE ANY OF THE DEFAULT SETTINGS. AM I IN THE WRONG PLACE TO DO THAT. PLEASE HELP.

Advertisements

12matthias335

12matthias335

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You can't access the settings from the BIOS because your system is pre-built and the manufacturer prevents you from messing with the settings. However, there are overclocking programs that may help. For your case, I would try looking into the CPUcool program first. I think you can download it from the internet.

theonekj

theonekj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK THANK YOU. I WILL TRY DOWNLOADING THAT PROGRAM HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT WORKING FOR ANYONE?

12matthias335

12matthias335

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I got my information from MaximumPC and they got that program to work for the HP system they had to test it with. Good luck with the overclocking.