Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer freezes only a few minutes after booting up

• Please log in to reply

dpgoode

dpgoode

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there. I am running Windows 7 home premium on a Dell Inspiron one AIO machine. Recently when using any application, the computer would freeze up. You could still move the mouse anywhere, but you could not click on anything. I tried to run ARO2013 but it would freeze up too. I finally resorted to booting in safe mode with networking and ran ARO2013 and malwarebytes and thought I cleared up the issue. The computer froze up again while I was just on facebook playing candy crush (on firefox). I booted again in safe mode with networking and ran the quick malwarebytes scan and nothing came up.

Any ideas/thoughts? McAfee AV scan turned up negative and I could not get SUPERAntispyware to work in safe mode with networking.

Advertisements