Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory

• Please log in to reply

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
why is my gateway sx2370-ur30p slower with 16gb of memory than it was with 4gb.people said with more memory it would increase pc performance.well it is slower now.i have to wait for web pages to come up which i never had to wait in the past.is there something i have to do to my computer to switch or something.i've never had this much memory before.i have a 1TB hard drive with 16GB of memory

Advertisements

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
hello can someone please answer me

Splott

Splott

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ram is plug and play and you don't usually need to do anything to get it working, does your computer actually recognize the 16gb ram?

Is this what you have? Judging from the specs you should have no problems loading up web pages (trust me i used a Pentium 4 from 2006 with 2gb ram and was fine with everything,) maybe its an internet speed problem? How old is the pc? Is it dust free and defragged?

You won't notice any change of performance with 16ram, no one needs that much unless they are running rendering software or something. Your pc now has more memory to use if it ever requires it and chances are it won't, you could have got 8gb instead and still have enough free memory to spare and it would have saved you money.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
YES I HAVE A GATEWAY SX2370-UR30P MAYBE 2 YEARS OLD.WITH A 1TB HARD DRIVE AND 16GB OF MEMORY AND NOW WITH ALL THAT MEMORY ITS ACTUALLY SLOWER AND I GOT 16GB FOR PERFORMANCE.YES IT RECOGNIZED 16GB.I HAD A 15 YEAR OLD XP THAT WAS FASTER.IS THERE ANY FREE PROGRAMS TO INCREASE MY INTERNET SPEED

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
What's your boot up time Dougie?

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
well how do i fix it can you help

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well a proper reply to my question would be good because I'm trying to find out what you think is fast and what I think is fast.