Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems transferring content from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S4

• Please log in to reply

paolo

paolo

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to the S4. Most places I have looked say that transferring content from the old phone to the new one is easy, but I'm finding it anything but.

I have managed to transfer my contacts by using the SIM, but that is all so far. I'd like to transfer content such as pictures and apps as well. I've tried various methods so far without success.

I have Kies Air on both phones. I am able to use it on the old phone but on the new one, it says I need to connect my phone and my PC to the same wi-fi network. My phone has wi-fi set up but I don't have wi-fi for my PC (a Dell running Windows XP SP3).

I have backed up my old phone to my PC but haven't been able to transfer the content to my new phone. I have tried using Samsung Smart Switch. When this starts up, it says "There are no connected devices. Please connect the device you want to transfer content to." When I connect my new phone to my PC using the USB cable, it doesn't seem to recognise it as nothing happens.

If I can get either of these methods to work (or some other way), will it transfer only data, or can I transfer apps as well? I can of course download the apps again on the new phone, but some of them have paid subscriptions, so I don't want to lose these if possible.

My service provider is EE. I have looked through http://help.ee.co.uk/ for help on transferring content without success.

By the way, downloading any software to my old phone is not a possibility as my internet access on my old phone has been deactivated.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

iEscape

iEscape

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
You need ActiveSync for Windows XP SP 3 to install on your computer.

paolo

paolo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you. I will try this.

AndyB86

AndyB86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Download an app called Samsung Smart switch on both phones, the follow the onscreen instructions. Copies all contacts, memos, pictures, music, videos, an an app list of everything that was on your s2

Ludwig Jessica

Ludwig Jessica

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

Download an app called Samsung Smart switch on both phones, the follow the onscreen instructions. Copies all contacts, memos, pictures, music, videos, an an app list of everything that was on your s2

I downloaded and installed the app but it can't detect my galaxy S6 edge. this sounds crazy.

Edited by Ludwig Jessica, 15 November 2016 - 09:17 PM.