Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forgot windows 8 password...

• Please log in to reply

husayn232

husayn232

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help guys.
I recently bought HP pavilion g6 laptop with windows 8 installed.
I have forgotten the admin password, and I don't have a recovery disk. currently I am using the guest account.
please tell me a way of unlocking the admin account.
I don't know much about computers, so a full, comprehensive, step by step guide will be appreciated

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Please consider this sentence as listed in the Geeks To Go Terms of Use policy in section 3, subsection O.

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
As Wolf' stated we can't fully support you on reseting it. . . However if you use a Microsoft account, you can reset it online and have the password sent to the email on your account profile. Now if you used a local account though, you will need to bring the pc to a local computer shop or seak help else where (as the Terms of Use states we cant).

PS: Sorry for any typos, as this was written from my cell phone.