Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can you repair window 8 from an upgrade disk.

• Please log in to reply

buckeyecarl

buckeyecarl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My internet explorer will not work on window 8. Can I repair windows 8 from an upgrade disk? I don't want to reinstall it because Fire Fox and Google Chrome work.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi :welcome:

Can you tell us what is the problem with your Internet Explorer?

buckeyecarl

buckeyecarl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It won't open I get the following message "The instruction at 0x75537fe5 referenced at 0x030c0088. The memory could not be written".
Then the only thing I can do is close it. I also uninstalled IE in the hopes of reinstalling another version. Apparently some remnant of the old
version are left because when I try to install a new version it won't install because it detects a newer version.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See if the problem is being caused by an Add-on to IE.

Open the Run box (Windows key+R) and type iexplore -extoff and press Enter.

You should get an IE window with Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons in it. Click home to use it.

It it starts okay, then click the Tools (Gear) icon and select Manage Add-ons. Disable everything, then close IE and start it normally. If okay, start enabling them a few at a time until you find the one causing the problem.

HowToTec

HowToTec

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here is a tutorial to repair Internet Explorer if it is broken. Yes you can repair your IE browser instead of running a complete Windows repair setup. Repairing broken Internet Explorer