I have a Troj called Win32/Olmarik.TDL4 Pls help me get rid of it [Clo
Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 PM
My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
NOTE: You have very nasty infection! I would strongly advice you to backup all your important data from your system before you begin with the fix.
This malware tends to disable you whole system and let you with nothing. Please backup your data before you continue with the steps.
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Check the boxes beside:
- Loaded modules
- Loaded modules
- A reboot will be needed to apply the changes. Do it.
- TDSSKiller will launch automatically after the reboot. Also your computer may seem very slow and unusable. This is normal. Give it enough time to load your background programs.
- Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
- Make sure to check:
- Services and drivers
- Boot sectors
- Loaded modules
- Verify Driver Digital Signature
- Detect TDLFS file system
- then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button to start the scan.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
- Ensure Cure is selected for malicious objects
- Click Continue then Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop *
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion just reboot your system once, that will cure it.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- TDSSKiller log
- Combofix log
Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:14 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users