Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell XPS 410 reboots itself

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

So basically, I would just have to replace the entire switch board and maybe the ribbon if that's the problem?

Sorry never seen one of those, I suppose if you disconnect the ribbon and use a multimeter it should be possible to test the button.

Advertisements

Sode no Shirayuki

Sode no Shirayuki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

So basically, I would just have to replace the entire switch board and maybe the ribbon if that's the problem?

Sorry never seen one of those, I suppose if you disconnect the ribbon and use a multimeter it should be possible to test the button.

I'm not sure what a multimeter is but I might not have to do that. I have one of the new RAM sticks installed and the computer has been running fine for more than an hour now. Maybe it was the RAM after all. I suppose the computer wanted a RAM stick installed to power on. Both of my old RAM sticks must be bad because I tried swapping them. I wonder what killed them? Anyway, I'm going to let the computer run for a bit longer then I'm going to try to reinstall Win XP.

Edited by Sode no Shirayuki, 27 August 2013 - 02:49 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

It looks like I may not have to. I have one of the new RAM sticks installed and the computer has been running fine for more than an hour now. Maybe it was the RAM after all. I guess the computer wanted a RAM stick installed to power on. Both of my old RAM sticks must be bad then because I tried swapping them. I wonder what killed them? Anyway, I'm going to let the computer run for a bit longer then I'm going to try to reinstall Win XP.

It seems you found the problem, good job :thumbsup: