Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS SK8V Motherboard Drivers

• Please log in to reply

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a ASUS motherboard and the raid ports and the sata ports on the board are not working. I plug in a sata hard drive and it will not bring it up on the screen were you see all the other hard drive and the Cd drives. I can not find the drivers or how to reset the board.

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
You only need drivers for Windows. If they are not functioning as expected, go into the BIOS by pressing delete when the computer first starts. Below is your manual. On page 75 is section 4.2 BIOS Setup program and on page 91 is Operating Mode [RAID]. Make sure it's set to RAID and not AHCI or IDE.

http://dlcdnet.asus..../e1473_sk8v.pdf

EDIT: In case you need them. The drivers are here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Edited by skifxr, 23 August 2013 - 11:48 PM.

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks For the Info. I have tried all this and I am still having some problems any other ideas.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Are you able to boot into Windows?
Please tell me exactly what you tried. Be very specific.
Thanks

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ya it all starts up and it run windows XP and I have two hard drives that are IDE and I have two sata drives I am trying to get the sata drives to work. I cleared out the Cmos and I have went in to bios and try to turn the raid on but it still does not bring up the drives in the my computer. I try to download the drivers and I dont think the drives are downloading right.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
It list 2 different drivers there for RAID. One is for a VIA and the other is for Promise FastTrak.
Lets get more specific on the mobo. Click start, run, type msinfo32 and press enter. On the left, what does it say for System Model?

Are you seeing the following image during bootup
WindowClipping (5).png

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So I went to start and went to run typed in the msinfo and the system model says ( to be filled by O.E.M. ) As far as for the little blackbox it goes through a really fast start up So I am not really sure.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
So this is an OEM computer? What's the make and model?

Please download Speccy portable, unzip it, run it and after a few seconds of it collecting system information click file, publish snapshot. Copy the URL to the clipboard and post it here.

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ummm Thanks for all your help But my computer skills is very small. I am not to sure what you are asking for. Could we do like a teamveiw or a remote desktop or some thing like that . That might help us both

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Sorry were not allowed to do remote sessions,
You don't know what computer you bought? Look on the front for a badge.
Just run Speccy and it will become clear. Here's a pic...

Posted Image

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok cool that is what I thought you were asking for but I was not sure the computer I have is a custom built computer with no markings or badge. I can take a pic of the inside and out side of the computer so you can see that. and I can send that snap shot on here. Thanks again for all your help.

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
http://speccy.pirifo...DEsNqLbCJYDzXx8

Ok So I think this what you were looking for but I am not sure

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
In the Speccy snapshot is this...

raid_tool.exe
Process ID: 2816
User: Mom
Domain: KSAUDIO
Path: C:\Program Files\VIA\RAID\raid_tool.exe

So you're running the RAID tool. No drives show up there?

Also from the Speccy snapshot...

PCI bus
VIA Standard Host Bridge
RAID Controller

So it appears to be installed correctly but double check by going into device manager and seeing if there are any yellow exclamation points or red X's.
Open device manager by clicking start, run, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

You can try uninstalling the driver by going into add or remove programs and double clicking it's entry, etc. Reboot. Then install the driver again.
This is what you need to reinstall the driver: 6420raid_210a.zip
Unzip and run SETUP.EXE.

Also, please read page 126, 5.5 VIA RAID configurations and do it.
It's in the manual I posted earlier.
While you're back in the BIOS double check that you that you set the correct Operating Mode [RAID]. Make sure it's set to RAID.

EDIT: [bleep]. Almost forgot. See this links...
How to clear CMOS
My M/B cannot detect the total volume of my HDDs correctly when I use Raid over 2TB volume, why?
Why can't my SATA-II hard drive be detected on VIA VT8237 chipset based motherboard?

Edited by skifxr, 25 August 2013 - 02:56 AM.

KSAUDIO

KSAUDIO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
sweeet thanks for all your help I got it to work.