Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PUP.Conduit > SFC keeps finding errors.

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
It's just telling you where it is. prefs.js is where Firefox and its Add-ons store config data. It's really a text file so you can open it in notepad and look at it tho it's not a good idea to modify it yourself.

Advertisements

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
1. Okay so since JW doesn't differentiate each recurring entry using any sort of coloured flag system, whenever I run junkware and it can't clean something, e.g. prefs.js, is it worth opening a thread for it?

2. Also, should I run SFC again to see if it's out of the loop? I haven't seen a windows update to remedy this?

Edited by harvestthesouls, 31 August 2013 - 03:41 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
JW is not showing a problem so no need to worry about it. As I said before the pref.js file is normally present. Removing it would hamstring the legitimate Firefox Add-Ons.

The sfc error is nothing to worry about either. I doubt it's a real high priority for Microsoft. They have other problems with their patches. See:
http://www.zdnet.com...tes-7000019450/
(Patch Tuesday is the second Tuesday in the month - that's when new updates are normally made available.)

I would go into Control Panel, Window Updates, and see if it has any updates for you.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

JW is not showing a problem so no need to worry about it. As I said before the pref.js file is normally present. Removing it would hamstring the legitimate Firefox Add-Ons.

The sfc error is nothing to worry about either. I doubt it's a real high priority for Microsoft. They have other problems with their patches. See:
http://www.zdnet.com...tes-7000019450/
(Patch Tuesday is the second Tuesday in the month - that's when new updates are normally made available.)

I would go into Control Panel, Window Updates, and see if it has any updates for you.

Okay thanks again for everything Ron :D

***EDIT:
Oh wait, almost forgot. Skype takes forever to load. I've tried resetting it, but no change :/

Edited by harvestthesouls, 31 August 2013 - 01:02 PM.