Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Mouse Doesn't Work After Mass Storage Plugged in

• Please log in to reply

radiuss

radiuss

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Please someone help because this BT mouse is driving me crazy.

It's a Microsoft 5000.

Ok two things really going on:

1) My computer recognizes the mouse in pairing mode and syncs to it and "says" the HID device is ready to use, but the mouse does not work.

I see the mouse listed in the devices, but later it disappears. This all happened after I used a mass storage device.

2) When in Device Manager, it will refresh ever 2 second and some of the listed items change--for instance one second the BT mouse is listed, then it refreshes 2 seconds later and it is gone (under the mice category).

Something very strange is going on, do you guys or gals have any clue as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

I started my computer in safe mode and the Device manager does NOT do the refreshing on and off thing.

Advertisements

radiuss

radiuss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ah, and I should mention I have uninstalled/reinstalled all bluetooth drivers with the same outcome.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
How old is this mouse?

Have you changed the batteries lately?

What make and model is your laptop?

radiuss

radiuss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
the mouse is only about 2 months old. New batteries, and I have a Samsung Sens RV511.

Thanks.

radiuss

radiuss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
So bizarre...

I removed the device (bt mouse) then installed again about 5-10 times yesterday night. Now this morning I do it again and it works. What do you think happened? I didn't do anything different. Does the connectivity just simply get confused/bogged down at times and just needs rest before working again? Bluetooth is definitely the most frustrating thing about this computer. So buggy.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well to me Bluetooth isn't the greatest method for wireless communication in the world but do you have the latest driver for Bluetooth installed?

It is the very top one in Downloads.

http://www.samsung.c.../NP-RV511-A01US

You may have been better buying a standard wireless mouse and receiver.