Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony Vaio Laptop Screen Issue

• Please log in to reply

-Virus-

-Virus-

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I have a Sony Vaio VPC-EB series laptop and from a long time, my laptop screen is acting weird. The screen goes fuzzy/blurry sometimes when its running.

This picture is similar to what happens in mine -->
http://en.community....750.image2.jpeg

It would be working fine one minute and then if I move my laptop screen a little, the screen would go. And then I have to put the laptop to sleep a couple of times or close the laptop screen and open again to get it back to working properly. Sometimes it even happens when just while watching a video on Youtube and I switch to Full Screen, the screen would go blurry. First it used to happen only once in a while but now its very often. I have recently noticed that sometimes when I bend the screen to close the laptop, at certain angle the Lcd is back to normal but not always though. It doesn't work if I press anywhere on the screen or anywhere above the keyboard, as someone suggested.

Some other details while I tried to fix it:
1) It works fine when I connect it to an external monitor so I do not think its the motherboard problem
2) I have tried changing the Lcd Inverter but that didn't solve the problem.

Thankyou.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
:welcome: -Virus-

The MB to screen video ribbon would appear to have become loose or damaged and this will require a substantial disassembly of the notebook to rectify the problem, the Sony service manual is not much use for this http://www.manualowl...L/Manual/329624

NB: The video ribbon/cable can become damaged or loose through nothing more than everyday use such as opening and closing the top cover.