Touchpad not working
Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:57 PM
Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:41 PM
Let's see if showing hidden devices shows you the Touchpad or an Unknown device:
Create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:
- Right click on My Computer and select Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click on the Environmental Variables button
- Click the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.
- Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
- Set the Variable value to: 1
- Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened.
- Open Device Manager:
- XP: Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager
- Vista, Windows 7:Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings,
- Click on View then Show hidden devices.
- Click on the + next to anything that shows a yellow mark.
If you see the Touchpad or a Unknown device shows or anything with a yellow mark near it, right click on it and select Uninstall. Close Device Manager then reboot. Windows will re-discover the device and reload the driver. That often fixes problems like this.
If not, go to the manufacturers download page and download and install the latest Touchpad drive, see if that helps.
Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 PM
Edited by Paulray, 25 August 2013 - 11:54 PM.
Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:11 AM
You can try doing a System Restore to before the Windows Update occurred. If that doesn't help then download and install the latest wireless driver from here: Driver Downloads - Laptops | Toshiba
Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:22 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users