Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TRIM Raid 0 SSD Corsair Neutron

• Please log in to reply

FUState

FUState

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I cannot seem to find a lot of topics on this subject, or perhaps my googling skills need improvement.

I just purchased two Corsair Neutron 128GB SSDs that I want to configure in RAID 0 with TRIM. I was thinking I would go with my current CPU and just get a new Motherboard so that TRIM will work and everything should be great...

My CPU is Intel Core i5-2400 which supports LGA1155. This leaves me thinking I would buy the DZ77BH-55K motherboard and then I will configure my system
Drive C: Operating System (windows 7) and Program Files - RAID 0 (2 Corsair Neutron 128GB (256GB total))
Drive D: DVD Burner
Drive E: DVD Burner
Drive F: Crucial M4 (Active Files)
Drive G: WD Black (Archived Files)

My Drive C will be the one where I have to setup RAID 0 with TRIM... and to my understanding as long as the motherboard has the latest drivers, then TRIM will be active.

Any suggestions on how I should ensure that TRIM is active or can I worry about that after I have installed Windows 7?
If I'm missing something let me know.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Gday FUState.
Some info for you as a starter, (worth following his links). > http://www.rwlabs.co...icle.php?id=697

Using RAID 0 for the Boot drive is inherently risky, a failure means loss of all DATA with little or no chance of recovery. I don't think (anybody?) it is possible to create an image of RAID 0.
You must have a rigoerous backup method in place.