Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dont think its a spyware problem anymore.. :/

• Please log in to reply

michaelrush

michaelrush

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay.. ive ran everything and anything i can think of.. ad aware se, spybot, cwshredder, avg antivirus, HJT, ewido, panda... and other things...

problem:
i play internet games, use AIM/Yahoo/MSN Messanger

now whenever i open internet explorer OR firefox and start browsing the internet i will lose connection for a short period of time.. 5-10 seconds maybe.

it gets real frustrating because the internet game disconnects, aim/yahoo/msn disconnects... its getting really agitating

i dont know what the problem could be..

the other computer on my network doesnt have the same problem as me, and before i reformatted and reinstalled windows on my computer the internet would work just perfect. it started happening after a FRESH install of windows...

any ideas at all of what this could be??

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you checked the modem drivers are the most recent

michaelrush

michaelrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah like i said, its not happening on the other computer.. just mine.. o.O;

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Either check the modem drivers or go here to run Windows installation CD - Repair the current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm