Can't Eliminate Multiple Malware [Closed]
Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:18 PM
Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:33 AM
Scanning for infected files . . .
This typically doesn't take more than 10 minutes
However, scan times for badly infected machines may easily double
Then the cursor is flashing, but nothing more. I would not think it has stalled since the cursor is flashing, but it does not even show stage 1 yet. It is approaching 20 hours. Let me know if you think that I should take alternate steps.
Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:57 AM
Did you get the screen to install the Recovery Console? If so did you let it install?
Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:32 AM
Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:14 PM
Close all open windows and browsers.
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon to run AdwCleaner.
- Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.
- When the Scan has fininshed the Scan button will be grayed out and the Clean button will be activated.
- Click the Clean button.
- Everything checked will be deleted.
- When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.
- Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this
- On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt
Scan with JRT:
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
NOTE: Temporarily shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts, how to do so can be read here.
- Doube-click the JRT.exe file to launch the application.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Now see if ComboFix will run.
Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The AdwCleaner[S0].txt log
2. The JRT.txt log
3. The ComboFix.txt log
Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:20 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users