Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Performance

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been encountering problems with Firefox vers. 23.01. I tried resetting it to Default a few weeks ago, but it consistingly indicates at top of screen as "Firefox Not Responding" I am wondering if newer versions of Firefox are for broadband only. As I have only dial-up in my area, I am wondering if this is the problem with newer versions. Also after I did reset to default, an folder appeared on my desktop named, "Old Firefox Data"; what do i do with this folder?

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
That folder i believe is profile and settings you made in firefox when you installed it,it saved it,in case you re installed it wanted save settings,it should have asked you on uninstall did you want to save it,before you uninstalled it,you most likely can delete this folder with no problem to firefox.See if you can try to look up an older version of firefox,below 23.1,like version 20 or 19.Do not think firefox is dedicated to broadband as far as i know.I had this issue once,it hanging with version 22,maybe a glitch with version.Wow dial up,have not heard that word in long time,sorry you have no choice,may be reasons also,slow speeds for there newer versions.Did you try firefox's help?Google searches on this issue?

Edited by jds63, 28 August 2013 - 02:54 PM.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have not googled to see if there is a problem. Its one of those problems that i have not googled or tried to find help on, but will try it. If I go to older versions do i have to uninstall Firefox first. I have received instructions via a link from this webside previously and will try it. Thaks for info

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Yes i would uninstall firefox version 23.1 first,either use windows uninstall through control panels programs and features,better off if you have an uninstall program which remove it better,Revo uninstaller is great one,google it.Folder is saved data made in settings when you installed firefox,then uninstalling it,it saved it for you,in case wanted to apply those settings when installing it,be safe to delete Old Firefox Data.It is good coming here for help,since many here have alot of knowledge,but i tell you Google it a great resource,someone always has same problem as you,you will learn alot,from your mistakes or troubles with your PC,YOUR WELCOME!! :thumbsup:

Edited by jds63, 29 August 2013 - 02:54 PM.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Speaking of computer issues and other issues alike, Google is my local Library.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I see a google-holic :whistling: For certain things internet is great resource,just don't believe everything you read there,hope you get your issues resolved on ;) PC

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Sorry to butt in here but using older versions of the main release channel is a security risk. I strongly recommend you don't do it. If you want to try an older version, use the ESR release channel. Those get security patches. The download link is at the bottom of the FAQ page.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
True SK,can be risky,i to had same issue with a release of Firefox 21 then when newer release came out it seemed fixed,he also has dial up,not sure if it was causing the problem,i did not think so.Maybe he needs further technical assistance with issue could be his PC,if it's not the version issue or connection issue.