Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Open port problem

• Please log in to reply

Caminokid

Caminokid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is the equipment to start off with,
Belkin Wireless n router F508236-4V3
Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPC210 cable modem
Comcast internet

Been trying to open ports 80 and 8080 not at the same time, but trying each. I have a web server set up but cant seem to open any port. I use http://www.yougetsig...ols/open-ports/ and no matter what I do it says the ports are closed.

I have been into the router and opened the ports...or so I thought... and tried 8 and then 8080. Neither has worked. I used the Virtual Server section of the router to do this. I have 2 days wrapped up in this.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,148 posts
Hi Caminokid :welcome:

Some things to check...
- Did you set a fixed IP on the machine running the Web server?
- Check if the web server works in your internal network, try to access from another machine.
- If the machine have a firewall and/or Antivirus with firewall don't forget to open the ports in both programs.

Caminokid

Caminokid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I stumbled on all this last night after I left the post. It was 16 hours into all this I completely forgot all about the server itself. So big ol face palm to me. Thanks for the welcome and reply.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,148 posts

I stumbled on all this last night after I left the post. It was 16 hours into all this I completely forgot all about the server itself. So big ol face palm to me. Thanks for the welcome and reply.

No problem. :thumbsup: