Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ooops!

• Please log in to reply

lizzyizmenow

lizzyizmenow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) OKAY HERE IT GOES,
SOMEWHERE BACK I CANT REMEMBER WHEN A FRIEND OFFERED TO LET ME DOWNLOAD HER XP BECAUSE MY 98 DIDN'T HAVE SOME OF THE PROGRAMS XP OFFERED, SO NOT KNOWING WHAT WE WERE DOING AND NOT KNOWING IT WAS ILLEGAL WE DID IT . I GUESS I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET RID OF 98 FIRST OR SOMETHING. SO WHEN IT WAS RUNNING SOOOOO SLOOOW I DECIDED TO GET RID OF SOME OF XP. ANYWAY NOW MY COMPUTER IS A MESS, IT'S TO SLOW I LOST PROGRAMS I NEEDED AND ON TOP OF THAT I KEEP GETTING THIS STUPID MESSAGE THAT SAYS; VIRTUAL MEMORY LOW CHANGING SETTINGS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
PLEASE! PLEASE! ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you able to save your documents and images to disc so that you can format the drive.

The problem with trying to remove XP is that you have already removed bits of it, without knowing which bits, it may be you have removed files XP needs to uninstall.

However, you can try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;314052