Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start button has changed appearance

• Please log in to reply

serida

serida

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
While remotely accessing my sister's Win 7 machine, (we both have the same machine)I noticed her start button,(the orb)has changed to a white button with the word start on it slightly reminiscent of XP & earlier. She does not change themes or appearances & though it may not be a big deal I wonder why it has changed. Clicking the start button brings up the same menu as before so the only change is the button itself.I know there are applications to change the appearance but am mystified as to why it has changed.
I would be grateful for any assistance.
Thank you.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Mine does that in Windows 8 also and usually a simple restart will resolve the issue. I suspect something in the script for the start button as the culprit and that is why restarting usually corrects it as it resets then.

serida

serida

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks very much for your helpful reply.
Apologies for the delay in responding. Have not been around.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did a reboot resolve the issue?

serida

serida

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
At the moment I do not know as she is away on holiday.
Will post back on her return.
Thanks for the follow up.