Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP - virus that blocked my antivirus program [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Are you able to get to normal mode

Advertisements

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
yes, I can, but my antivirus program is blocked after that another the same and I can't erase them because it told me that I don't have authority to do this. I can't erase anything

Edited by kykg, 31 August 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
This sounds like the system is a bit messed up. I will do one final check for malware to ensure that I missed nothing and then we will look at repairs

Download and Install Combofix

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
I saved on my desktop and started. It started a little because on the screen I saw 5 files and after that it showed me that it couldn't write some file on C: and I pushed retry nothing and I pushed ignore. It change to another that couldn't write on C:. I pushed again ignore and the same ..... I pushed cancelled. If it create some file on C: I can't open my C: it is denied. After that, I reboot and tried to go to C: but the same situation I couldn't.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK we will have to refresh windows 8. The refresh will do the following, let me know your thoughts

Refresh:
This option allows you to keep all your personal files and purchased Apps from the Windows Store, whilst removing all downloaded and installed programs such as Java, Adobe and Games.
Your PC settings will also revert to default.

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Is this mean that I will keep my Autodesk purchasing's programs because I can't install them anymore they can be install only one time and I install them from flash drive.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I will check that one out before we proceed

Meanwhile we will try a repair tool, it may restore some functionality

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from this site

Install the programme then run

Posted Image

Go to step 3 and allow it to run SFC
Posted Image

On the start repairs tab click start
Posted Image

Select the following items and tick restart system when finished
Posted Image

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I tried, but I couldn't. It give me this message:
Runtime error!
program C:\U...
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Evidently you can export the autodesk licence

You may need to reactivate your software license if you reformat your primary boot disk, although reactivation can be avoided. Use OLT to export the license prior to formatting the drive and import it once your Autodesk product had been reinstalled. The Autodesk Stand-Alone Licensing Guide (available in the help system) provides a few simple steps that help prevent reactivation when you reformat the hard drive.

Does this make sense to you http://usa.autodesk....970195#section9

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
Thank you, I didn't know. Can you help me with OTL. How to do it with OTL if you know?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Er no it is a part of Autodesk there should be instructions in the help file

The Autodesk Stand-Alone Licensing Guide (available in the help system) provides a few simple steps that help prevent reactivation when you reformat the hard drive.

kykg

kykg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
I would like to THANK YOU so much for your help and time. I reinstall my laptop and everything is ok.
Have a great day!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I am glad all is well. Keep safe

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.