Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UNMOUNTABLE VOLUME

• Please log in to reply

Elidon

Elidon

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, my laptop(sony vaio pcg-971M) has had this bluescreen for a few months and i don't know how to fix it. I am unable to go into safe mode(network and command). I insert the the boot, but nothing happens, any ways i can fix this problem?

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I'm unsure what you mean by "I insert the boot"?

It sounds to me like your hard drive is either dead or has a Master Boot Record issue.

Please explain further.

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ooopsss, and i've tried to go on safe mode, but it doesnt work, tried to go on safe mode networking that also never worked and same with command prompt. I've gone on to the PhoenixBIOS, but i'm not sure what i have to do make it run from cd, as i've tried put them in order and(disabled the other ones), but it doesnt show the "click any button" to resume with the cd. Sorry if im not explaining myself properly as i don't understand these stuff :$

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Are you trying to reinstall XP?

Please slow down and tell us exactly what you are trying to do.

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well im using VAIO Recovery and Documentation Disc, i want to reinstall windows xp or do something to get it working again, as the blue screen wont allow me to,

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Can you tell us exactly what the Stop Error message is that is on the screen please.

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted Image
that.
and this shows up also
Posted Image

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Your hard drive is dead Elidon and the bios is finding no boot files whatsoever, in fact it, the bios, is trying to boot from a non existent Network source to no avail.

Time for a new hard drive mate.

Do you you have the XP disk or Sony Back To Factory Recovery disks?

By the way how old is this Sony?

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sony back to recovery and i think 10 or more years.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok.

To be perfectly frank with you Elidon I'd resign this seriously old laptop to the bin and start again mate.

From what I've read after posting on your issue this laptop came with either a 20GB or 30GB hard drive because it is so old.

If no other hard drive has been in the laptop from the beginning then your bloody lucky that it's lasted this long.

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, i've just taken it apart to see what's inside. No possible way of fixing with without wasting money on a hard drive?

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
No mate.

The hard drive is the issue and now you've taken it apart there could be other issues.

If someone brought me that laptop to fix I would tell them just what I have told you.

Elidon

Elidon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted Image
no problem, i just thought i'd use this laptop to run server(minecraft).

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
:confused: