Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost Ad-Watch with Ad-Aware upgrade

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

aprtranslations

aprtranslations

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm a paying user of Ad-Aware SE Plus, having started with the free version. Until recently I've been really pleased with everything, but about two weeks ago I followed the links and upgraded to Ad-Aware Plus v 1.06.

Since then I've lost "realtime protection". If I click the Ad-Watch button on the left of the Ad-Aware panel, it says "Ad-Watch could not be loaded.One or more required components could not be located. Please re-install Ad-Watch."

But I've found it impossible to reinstall Ad-Watch. If you go to the Lavasoft website there are only links for downloading Ad-Aware, and even if you click on the Ad-Watch page on that site there's no option for downloading (and therefore reinstalling) Ad-Watch. So I've reinstalled v1.06 of AdAware, hoping that would reinstall Ad-Watch with it, but I've still got the same problem.

Can anyone help?
TIA
Andrew

Advertisements

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Are you sure you are running Ad-aware SE Plus and not the personal edition?

I believe Ad-watch is within the installer, so there is no seprate download.

aprtranslations

aprtranslations

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Andy

Yes, I am - I've paid the fee and the message I'm getting is as I describe, and clicking on the program for Ad Aware SE Plus there's nothing there for Ad-Aware as there used to be. I'm utterly confused about this.

Andrew

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
I am unsure of how to solve this.

Have you tried to Contact Lavasoft?