Cheshire police virus
Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:49 PM
Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:49 PM
On a working computer:
For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options.
To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Click on Repair your computer menu item.
- Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Select your user account and click Next.
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Select Command Prompt
- In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste this log in your Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users